Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dude, what's up with the blog?

Honestly, I don't really know what's up with the blog. I started this thing last fall for several reasons. First, I wanted to find a way, other than Facebook, to express my thoughts and opinions. I watch sports and read about sports. So why not write about sports? And I'm sure the anti-sports friends of mine (if there are any) on Facebook appreciate me not blowing up their news feeds with rants about Brett Favre or the NCAA on a regular basis. Secondly, you never know where something like this could lead. Do I think this blog will lead to a job in Bristol? Of course not. That's foolish. But that doesn't mean this blog will never amount to anything. If it does, great. If it doesn't, that's fine too. And lastly, and most importantly, I thought it would be fun. And it is. But it is also more work than I ever thought it would be. I work full-time. I try to spend alot of time with my wife & dog, and my friends & family. Then take into account the time I spend eating and sleeping, and there isn't much time left.

Going forward, I plan on trying to focus more of my free time on the blog. I hope to post several times a week. Daily posts would be awesome, but that's probably not a realistic option. So we'll see what happens...

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the time factor. Seems like we're all always busy with this or that. If I have idle time, I think to myself "somethin' ain't right". Side note, I started up a blog back in November that I put a decent amount of time initially and then fell like a lead zeppelin. lol I'm trying to pick it back up as well...

    ReplyDelete